Sept. 2 — Thailand to stop collecting fees on rubber exports until Dec. 31 to help boost local prices, Office of the Rubber Replanting Aid Fund says.
* Move will encourage exporters to buy more rubber from farmers, says Prasit Meadsen, the office’s acting director.
* NOTE: Exporters pay 2 baht/kg on rubber shipments.
* NOTE: Rubber farmers have held protests in southern province of Nakhon Si Thammasat to urge govt to set minimum prices
* Govt to review its plan to support production costs: Prasit.
* Govt currently plans to provide a subsidy of 1,260 baht per rai to farmers for up to 10 rai per person and may review a proposal from farmers to increase the limit to 25 rai