Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/khph6v/analysis_of_the) has announced the addition of the “Analysis of the South African Food Sweetener Market” report to their offering.
This market insight provides an overview of the South African sweetener market and provides forecasts for sugar consumption, polyol consumption, and non-nutritive sweetener consumption in volumes, until 2019. The drivers and restraints for each segment are outlined, in addition to a discussion on the potential impact of the proposed regulations published by the South African Department of Health (29 May 2014) on the sweetener market.
Lastly, the study highlights international sweetener trends that may become pertinent to South Africa in the next 5 to 10 years. Conclusions and strategic recommendations are provided.
Three key drivers for sugar consumption include: a relatively high per capita consumption of sugar, the dependence of segment growth on population growth, and stronger industrial sugar consumption growth compared to direct sales.
Three key restraints include: Health concerns on sugar consumption and potential government intervention, flat demand and reduced profitability for locally-produced sugar due to cheap imports, and adverse cost structures on sugar production.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Market Overview
3. Total Food Sweetener Market
– Volume Forecast by Segment
– Overview of the Food Sweetener Market
4. Nutritive Sweetener Market – Sugar
5. Nutritive Sweetener Market – Polyols
6. Non-nutritive Sweetener Market
7. South African Sweetener Regulations
– Codex Alimentarius and Sweeteners
– Sweetener Regulations in South Africa
8. International Sweetener Trends and the Potential Impact on South Africa
– International Trends Overview
– International Trends
9. The Future of Sweeteners in South Africa
– Illovo Sugar Limited
– Tongaat-Hulett Sugar Limited
– TSB Sugar RSA Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/khph6v/analysis_of_the
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
Sector: Sugar and Sweeteners , Food Ingredients