22.6 C
New York
Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Malaysia: Natural Rubber Output Up 36.8 Per Cent In June

KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 12 (Bernama) — Malaysia’s natural rubber (NR) production in June 2015 rose 36.8 per cent or 14,367 tonnes to 53,383 tonnes compared to the previous month, the Statistics Department said.

However, on a year-on-year (y-o-y) basis, the production showed a decline of 3.9 per cent or 2,191 tonnes.

In a statement here today, the department said the smallholding sector contributed 48,558 tonnes (91.0 per cent) to the total production while the estate sector accounted for the remaining 9.0 per cent.

On a month-on-month basis, the smallholding and estate sectors recorded an increase in production at 36.4 per cent and 41.7 per cent, respectively.

Exports of NR in June 2015 amounted to 66,394 tonnes, an increase of 25,882 tonnes or 63.9 per cent from the previous month and 14,809 tonnes or 28.7 per cent y-o-y.

Out of the the total exports, 96.3 per cent was contributed by the Standard Malaysian Rubber (SMR) that comprised 64.6 per cent of SMR 20.

The commodity was mainly exported to China (55.5 per cent), followed by Germany (11.3 per cent), Iran (4.7 per cent), the United States (4.7 per cent), Finland (3.5 per cent), Brazil (2.0 per cent), Taiwan (1.9 per cent), France (1.7 per cent) and Portugal (1.5 per cent).

Meanwhile, imports of NR in June 2015 totalled 68,485 tonnes, up 2,255 tonnes from the preceding month, but declined 4,212 tonnes (-5.8 per cent) y-o-y.

The main suppliers were Thailand at 58.2 per cent and Vietnam (14.2 per cent).

Domestic consumption of NR was recorded at 40,201 tonnes in June 2015, an increase of 1,008 tonnes (+2.6 per cent) from May 2015 and up by 1,318 tonnes (+3.4 per cent) y-o-y.

At end-June 2015, the level of NR stocks totalled 131,136 tonnes, down by 543 tonnes (-0.4 per cent) as compared to May 2015.

The average monthly price of latex concentrate rose 10.9 per cent to 496.52 sen per kilogramme (kg) in June 2015 compared to the previous month.

On y-o-y basis, it was 7.5 per cent or 34.59 sen higher.

The total number of persons engaged in rubber estates at end-June 2015 was 12,156 persons, with salaries and wages paid totalling RM15.0 million.

Productivity in June 2015, increased 41.4 per cent to 124.6 kg per hectare from May 2015, but decreased 6.0 per cent or 7.9 kg per hectare in the same month last year.

— BERNAMA

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

11,289FansLike
12,893FollowersFollow
748FollowersFollow
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles

Popular Articles