The following factors are likely to influence Malaysian palm oil futures and other vegetable oil
* Malaysian palm oil futures fell on Wednesday on concerns that demand from key buyer China
could decline after the nation devalued its currency, and as prices of rival soyoil dropped.
* U.S. soybean futures plunged 6 percent and both corn and soybeans briefly fell their
respective daily limits on Wednesday after the U.S. Department of Agriculture surprised traders
by raising its estimates for domestic corn and soybean crops in a monthly report.
* Oil ended up on Wednesday as a weaker dollar and lower U.S. crude stockpiles provided a modest
bounce off six-year lows hit the previous session, when worries about China’s plummeting
currency and economic slowdown deflated prices.
* Stocks, the U.S. dollar, and emerging market currencies around the world remained under
pressure for a second day on Wednesday after China’s yuan weakened again, a day after the
country devalued its currency.
> Argentine grains farmers to hold 5-day sales strike
> Brazil fertilizer sales expected to fall in 2015 -Mosaic
> USDA hikes outlook for 2015-16 sugar supplies
> USDA sees bumper corn, soy crops despite floods; futures sink
> Russia grain crop outlook seen brighter on favourable weather
> Egypt’s FIHC buys soyoil and sunflower oil in tender -trade
> Danube river shipping blocked in Germany after ship runs aground
> Cargo surveyors Intertek Testing Services and Societe Generale de Surveillance to release data
on Malaysia’s August 1-15 palm oil exports on August 15.
Palm, soy and crude oil prices at 0029 GMT
Contract Month Last Change Low High Volume
MY PALM OIL AUG5 0 +0.00 0 0 0
MY PALM OIL SEP5 0 +0.00 0 0 0
MY PALM OIL OCT5 0 +0.00 0 0 0
CHINA PALM OLEIN JAN6 4684 +52.00 4654 4724 494834
CHINA SOYOIL JAN6 5698 +96.00 5660 5736 456838
CBOT SOY OIL DEC5 29.47 -3.50 29.46 29.60 973
INDIA PALM OIL AUG5 393.70 -3.50 390.90 397.80 1863
INDIA SOYOIL AUG5 580.50 +3.15 576.40 580.50 18070
NYMEX CRUDE SEP5 43.26 -0.04 43.24 43.46 1904
Palm oil prices in Malaysian ringgit per tonne
CBOT soy oil in U.S. cents per pound
Dalian soy oil and RBD palm olein in Chinese yuan per tonne
India soy oil in Indian rupee per 10 kg
Crude in U.S. dollars per barrel
* For a table on Malaysian physical palm oil prices, including refined oil, Reuters Terminal
users can double click on or type.
* To view freight rates from Peninsula Malaysia/Sumatra to China, India, Pakistan and
Rotterdam, please key in and press enter, or double click between the brackets.
* Reuters Terminal users can see cash and futures edible oil prices by double clicking on
the codes in the brackets: To go to the next page in the same chain, hit F12. To go back, hit
Vegetable oils —
Malaysian palm oil exports —
CBOT soyoil futures —
CBOT soybean futures —
Indian solvent —
Weekly Indian vegetable oils —
Dalian Commodity Exchange —
Dalian soyoil futures —
Dalian refined palm oil futures —
Zhengzhou rapeseed oil —
European edible oil prices/trades —