Informist, Wednesday, Oct 6, 2021
By Kavita Desai
MUMBAI – Prices of maize remained steady in Bihar’s Purnea and Karnataka’s Davanagere market today, in absence of strong demand from local stockists. Wheat prices in Kota, Rajasthan were also steady today, said market participants.
* MAIZE prices in Davanagere, was steady due to thin trade owing to continuous rain and higher moisture in the new crop, local trader Shiv Kumar said.
* Today, arrivals of the coarse grain were pegged higher at 12,000 bags (1 bag = 100 kg), from around 10,000 bags on Tuesday. Most of the stock contains moisture of over 30%, which lead to drop in demand, Kumar said.
* In Purnea, Bihar, arrivals were pegged steady at around 12,000 bags (1 bag = 65 kg), local trader Khaniya Rastogi said.
* The benchmark Nizamabad market for maize in Telangana and Indore market for wheat in Madhya Pradesh was shut today on account of Amavasya.
* WHEAT prices in Kota, Rajasthan, were flat today, while arrivals were pegged lower at 5,000-6,000 bags (1 bag = 50 kg), from around 6,000-7,000 bags on the previous day, local trader Aniket Mehta said.
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 PADDY and BAJRA were largely unchanged across markets.
Edited by Pranav S. Joshi
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2021. All rights reserved.