Informist, Monday, Oct 11, 2021
By Tanya Rana
NEW DELHI – The price of wheat in Rajasthan’s Kota was lower today, while prices in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore were steady, traders said. The prices of maize were unchanged in Bihar’s Purnea and Karnataka’s Davanagere today.
* WHEAT prices in Kota, Rajasthan, fell today because of weak demand from overseas markets, a local trader Aniket Mehta said. However, a sharp fall in prices was limited because of decline in supply.
* Arrivals were pegged lower at 10,000 bags (1 bag = 100 kg), from 13,000 bags on the previous day.
* Prices in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, were flat today because of low arrivals and weak demand, a local trader N.K. Agarwal said. The arrivals were pegged lower at 2,000 bags (1 bag = 100 kg), from around 3,000 bags on the previous day.
* MAIZE prices in Davanagere were flat today because a sharp fall in arrivals was offset by weak demand from bulk buyers, a local trader Shiv Kumar said.
* Arrivals have fallen sharply because of heavy rains, which discouraged farmers from offloading stocks in the market, Kumar said. Arrivals were pegged at 4,000 bags (1 bag = 100 kg), from 12,000 bags on the previous day.
* Maize prices in Purnea were unchanged today because of parity in demand and supply, said trader Ghanshyam Yadav. The arrivals were steady at 15,000 bags (1 bag = 65 kg).
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 PADDY and BAJRA were largely unchanged across markets.
Edited by Michael Correya
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2021. All rights reserved.