Informist, Friday, Jan 14, 2022
By Tanya Rana
NEW DELHI – The prices of maize were largely steady in Purnea today, while prices in Davanagere were unavailable. Wheat prices in Indore and Kota were also unavailable, traders said.
* Prices of MAIZE in Purnea, Bihar, were unchanged today as trade was thin due to Makar Sankranti festival. The arrivals were pegged steady at 1,500 bags (1 bag = 65 kg), said Ravi, the owner of R. K. Trading in Purnea.
* Supply of the coarse grain in Bihar may decline over the coming days as it is lean season and the fresh crop will hit markets only in the first week of April.
* In Davanagere, a key market in Karnataka, auctions were not held as the key wholesale market was shut on account of festivals such as Makar Sankranti and Pongal, traders said. The market will resume trade from Monday.
* WHEAT prices across the country were also unavailable today because key wholesale markets in the country were shut on account of Makar Sankranti, traders said. Markets will resume operations from Monday.
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 PADDY and BAJRA were largely unchanged across markets.
* Following are highlights of trade in grain markets today:
Edited by Michael Correya
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.