Informist, Wednesday, May 25, 2022
By Chinmay Mungse
MUMBAI – GOLD contracts on the Multi Commodity Exchange of India and COMEX were trading lower today as investors resorted to profit booking after four straight days of gains.
* A pullback in the US dollar index from the recent lows also dented the demand for the precious metal, pressuring prices in the international markets.
* Investors also turned away from the yellow metal ahead of the release of the minutes of US Federal Reserve’s May meeting later in the day. Analysts are expecting the minutes to indicate towards the central bank’s aggressive stance to control the rising inflation in the country.
* “Most of the Fed members have been hawkish when it comes to inflation. It is, therefore, expected that the meeting minutes will set an aggressive tone,” said Veeresh Hiremath, director at Finlit Consulting.
* Investors and market participants will be looking for cues on the magnitude of the upcoming interest rate hikes from the US Fed, said analysts.
* At 1701 IST, the most-active contracts of bullion were:
–June gold was down 0.3% at 50,990 rupees per 10 gm on MCX
–June gold was down 0.7% at $1,852.9 an ounce on COMEX
–July SILVER was down 0.9% at 61,436 rupees per kg on MCX
–-July silver was down 1.2% at $21.77 an ounce on COMEX
* Outlook for the evening session:
–MCX gold seen at 50,660- 51,330 rupees,
–COMEX gold seen at $1,834-$1,866
–MCX silver seen at 61,500-62,380 rupees
–COMEX silver seen at $21.74-$22.48.
US$1 = 77.52 rupees
IST, or Indian Standard Time, is five-and-a-half hours ahead of GMT
Edited by Tanima Banerjee
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.