Informist, Monday, May 30, 2022
By Tanya Rana
NEW DELHI – Prices of maize fell in Purnea, a major market in Bihar, due to poor demand from bulk buyers. Prices of wheat were unavailable as mandis across major benchmark markets were shut today, market participants said.
* In Purnea, Bihar, prices of MAIZE fell sharply today due to weak demand from bulk buyers due to poor quality of the crop, local dealer Kanhaiya Rastogi said.
* Arrivals were pegged at 105,000 bags (1 bag = 65 kg) compared with 150,000 bags the previous day.
* Heavy rains have damaged most of the crop in Bihar over the last few days, traders said.
* Prices of maize were steady in Davanagere, a major market in Karnataka, due to demand-supply parity, local trader Shiva Kumar said.
* In Davanagere, arrivals were pegged at 1,000 bags.
* Prices of mill-quality WHEAT were unavailable in Kota and Indore as key wholesale markets of Indore and Kota were shut today, traders said.
* Markets across the country were shut on account of Amavasya and will resume trade on Tuesday, traders said.
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 PADDY and BAJRA were largely unchanged across markets.
Edited by Vidhi Verma
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.