Informist, Thursday, Jun 16, 2022
By Tanya Rana
NEW DELHI – Prices of wheat in the key wholesale markets of Kota and Indore rose today due to higher demand from millers. Prices of maize were flat across the country, market participants said.
* Prices of mill-quality WHEAT in Indore rose marginally today due to slightly higher demand from millers, local trader N.K. Agarwal said. In Indore, arrivals were pegged steady at 10,000 bags (1 bag = 50 kg).
* Prices of mill-quality wheat also rose in Kota on the back of higher demand from stockists and millers, local trader Chander Khandelwal said. Arrivals were pegged at 12,000 bags, up 3,000 bags from Wednesday.
* Prices of MAIZE were steady today in Davanagere, as arrivals were sufficient to meet demand, local trader Shiva Kumar said.
* Arrivals were estimated to be unchanged at 1,000 bags (1 bag = 65 kg).
* In Purnea, Bihar, prices of maize were flat, local dealer Kanhaiya Rastogi said.
* Arrivals in Purnea were pegged at 52,500 bags (1 bag = 65 kg), lower than 75,000 bags on Wednesday, due to unfavourable weather conditions.
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 PADDY and BAJRA were largely unchanged across markets.
Edited by Avishek Dutta
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.