Informist, Thursday, Jul 7, 2022
By Uddipta Banerjee
NEW DELHI – Prices of mustard in the benchmark market of Jaipur, Rajasthan, and those of soybean in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore were steady today, traders said.
* Prices of MUSTARD seed in Jaipur were unchanged today. The oilseed was sold for 6,825 rupees per 100 kg, unchanged from Wednesday.
* Arrivals were pegged steady at 245,000 bags (1 bag = 84 kg).
* Even with India estimating record high mustard seed production in 2021-22 (Jul-Jun), farmers are not bringing their produce to the market in large quantities as they are waiting for prices to rise further, said a trader with Manishankar Oils.
* SOYBEAN prices were steady at 6,000-6,400 rupees per 100 kg in Indore, the benchmark wholesale market for the commodity.
* Arrivals were pegged at 800 bags as against 1,000-1,200 bags the previous day, said Indore-based trader N.K. Aggarwal.
* Farmers are likely to bring less produce to the market as the end of the season approaches, market participants said.
* Soybean prices are likely to trade within a range of 6,000-6,400 rupees per 100 kg, Aggarwal said. End
Edited by Namrata Rao
For users of real-time market data terminals, Informist news is available exclusively on the NSE Cogencis WorkStation.
Cogencis news is now Informist news. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.