Informist, Thursday, Aug 11, 2022
By Puja Das
NEW DELHI – Ex-mill prices of sugar were unchanged from Wednesday in all key wholesale markets of north India today, dealers said. Markets in Maharashtra were closed today on account of Raksha Bandhan.
* Prices were flat across north Indian markets because of parity between demand and sales, said a Delhi-based trader Naresh Gupta.
* In north India, prices of the sweetener are unlikely to move due to lack of fresh triggers amid holidays for Raksha Bandhan and Independence Day, Gupta said.
* Following are the highlights of the sugar trade in domestic markets:
(Changes in price per 100 kg)
–Unchanged at 3,520-3,550 rupees in Muzaffarnagar
–Unchanged at 3,465-3,510 rupees in Delhi
–Unavailable in Kolhapur
–Unavailable in Mumbai
* On the Intercontinental Exchange, the most active October contract of raw sugar was down 0.1% at 18.27 cents per pound as India has given nod to export another 1.2 mln tn of the sweetener, taking the total quantity to be exported for th sugar season to 11.2 mln tn.
* Since Jun 1, the Indian government has restricted the export of raw and refined sugar to 10 mln tn to ensure availability of the sweetener in the domestic market and to curb the rise in prices. End
Edited by Deepshikha Bhardwaj
For users of real-time market data terminals, Informist news is available exclusively on the NSE Cogencis WorkStation.
Cogencis news is now Informist news. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.