Informist, Tuesday, Nov 29, 2022
By Arunima Bharadwaj
NEW DELHI – Prices of mill-quality wheat and maize were stable today in key wholesale markets of the country because of steady demand and supply from local stockists and millers, traders said.
* Prices of MAIZE were unchanged today in Davanagere, Karnataka, and arrivals were pegged at 6,000 bags (1 bag = 65 kg), up 1,000 bags from Monday, said Shiva Kumar, a local trader.
* Prices of maize were also steady as supply was sufficient to meet the demand, Kumar said.
* Similarly, prices of maize were flat today in key markets of Purnea in Bihar and arrivals stayed unchanged at 7,500 bags, said a local dealer Kanhaiya Rastogi.
* Prices of mill-quality WHEAT were flat today in the wholesale markets of Indore, Madhya Pradesh, on the back of steady demand for the staple grain, said N.K. Agarwal, a local trader.
* Arrivals were pegged at 5,000 bags (1 bag = 50 kg), compared with 4,000 bags on Monday.
* Prices of mill-quality wheat in Kota, Rajasthan, also remained flat, said a local trader Aniket Mehta. Arrivals were down to 3,000 bags, from 4,000 bags on the previous trading day.
* Arrivals were down as farmers are now focused on sowing the new crop, Mehta said.
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 RICE were stable today, traders said.
Edited by Manisha Baxla
For users of real-time market data terminals, Informist news is available exclusively on the NSE Cogencis WorkStation.
Cogencis news is now Informist news. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (22) 6985-4000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.