Informist, Thursday, Dec 1, 2022
By Arunima Bharadwaj
NEW DELHI – Prices of maize rose today in the wholesale markets of Davanagere in Karnataka because of a spike in demand from stockists, and those of mill-quality wheat fell in the key market of Kota, Rajasthan, traders said.
* Prices of MAIZE rose today in Davanagere due to a surge in demand from stockists, said Shiva Kumar, a local trader. Arrivals stayed steady at 4,000 bags (1 bag = 65 kg).
* Prices of maize were stable in Purnea, Bihar, due to steady demand and supply in the domestic market, said Kanhaiya Rastogi, a local dealer. Arrivals were steady at 7,500 bags.
* Prices of mill-quality WHEAT fell today in the wholesale markets of Kota due to tepid demand from millers amid increasing arrivals of the grain since Wednesday, said Aniket Mehta, a local trader.
* Arrivals were pegged unchanged at 10,000 bags (1 bag = 50 kg).
* In Indore, Madhya Pradesh, prices of mill-quality wheat were flat, said a local trader N.K. Agarwal. Arrivals stayed at 4,000 bags.
* The area under rabi wheat across the country was at 15.3 mln ha, up 10.5% on year, as of Thursday, according to data released by the farm ministry.
* Sowing of wheat continued to gain momentum in key states such as Bihar, Chattisgarh, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, and Uttar Pradesh. In Uttar Pradesh, the top grower, the acreage increased 2% to 3.6 mln ha, while in Madhya Pradesh, it was up 17.9% at 4.2 mln ha.
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 RICE were stable today, traders said.
Edited by Akul Nishant Akhoury
For users of real-time market data terminals, Informist news is available exclusively on the NSE Cogencis WorkStation.
Cogencis news is now Informist news. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.