Informist, Tuesday, Sep 28, 2021
By S. Anirudh Iyer
NEW DELHI – Prices of wheat in Madhya Pradesh’s Indore and maize in Karnataka’s Davanagere were lower today, while prices in other key wholesale markets in the country were steady, traders said.
* WHEAT prices in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, were lower as bulk buyers did not buy much of the grain due to ample stocks in their possession, local trader Sachin Agarwal said.
* Arrivals were pegged higher at 1,500 bags (1 bag = 100 kg) from 1,200 bags on the previous day, which also weighed on prices, another local trader Manoj Kala said.
* Prices of wheat in Kota, Rajasthan, remained steady for the second day as weak demand from bulk buyers was offset by a fall in arrivals of the food grain, local trader Aniket Mehta said.
* Arrivals were pegged lower at around 5,000 bags (1 bag = 100 kg) versus 6,000 bags on the previous day.
* MAIZE prices in Davanagere, Karnataka, were lower today as expectations of new crop arrivals from the 2021-22 (Jul-Jun) kharif season weighed on sentiment, local trader Shiv Kumar said.
* Prices of the coarse grain in Purnea, Bihar, were flat because of steady demand from bulk buyers amid unchanged supply, local trader Ghanshyam Yadav said. Arrivals were pegged at 15,000 bags (1 bag = 65 kg).
* Prices of BASMATI 1121 PADDY and BAJRA were largely unchanged across markets.
Edited by Snigdha Kuttikat
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2021. All rights reserved.