Informist, Thursday, Jun 2, 2022
By Uddipta Banerjee
NEW DELHI – Prices of mustard in the benchmark market of Jaipur, Rajasthan, and those of soybean in the benchmark market of Indore, Madhya Pradesh, remained steady today, traders said.
* In Jaipur, MUSTARD was sold for 6,875 rupees per 100 kg today, unchanged from Wednesday. Arrivals were pegged at 400,000 bags (1 bag = 84 kg), as against 380,000 bags on the previous day.
* India estimates record mustard seed production in 2021-22, but farmers are refraining from bringing their produce to the market in large quantities, as they are waiting for prices to rise, traders added.
* Prices of SOYBEAN were steady in Indore today, traders said.
* Arrivals were pegged at 800 bags (1 bag = 100 kg), unchanged from the previous day, N.K. Aggarwal, a local trader, said.
* The oilseed was sold for 6,700 rupees per 100 kg today, largely unchanged from Wednesday, Aggarwal said.
* By and large, farmers are bringing lesser produce to the market due to low availability of stock as the end of the season approaches, he said.
* Soybean prices may fall in the next one week because of persisting weak demand from domestic millers, and may touch the 6,500-rupee mark, Aggarwal said. End
Edited by Tanima Banerjee
Cogencis news is now Informist. This follows the acquisition of Cogencis Information Services Ltd by NSE Data & Analytics Ltd, a 100% subsidiary of the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd. As a part of the transaction, the news department of Cogencis has been sold to Informist Media Pvt Ltd.
Informist Media Tel +91 (11) 4220-1000
Send comments to [email protected]
© Informist Media Pvt. Ltd. 2022. All rights reserved.